May 24, 2011
Laurie & Bob/Oma & Opa's Birthday Weekend Extravaganza
post-dinner projects & letter writing
Pre-bed snuggle/movie time.
Opa's birthday was two days before, but Saturday morning was Oma's and the kids woke her with cards, a sign, and a 'cake'. They were up an hour and a half before this, but quietly prepared everything in whispers in Lila's room, wanting to surprise them (and also b/c I wouldn't let them wake them that early)...
Opa Monster = favorite game
"hair doob". direct quote.
Every visit we end up with at least one of these pictures, and I love them: Opa sitting at a kids table w/ one or both kids playing cards, a board game, having a tea party... usually he has his glasses on and usually there's a snack involved. : )
The kids surprising Oma with flower bouquets.
We lit a lot of candles - there were 5-8 birthday candles in each candle holder - hilarious getting them lit, hilarious blowing them out. There's a video but I'm having trouble posting it. Imagine that.
We all went to the Little Cheerful for breakfast, and then I went to work while they worked off the hash browns at the jump park.
I love the way they perch themselves on those they love. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love these photos - they're great!!
Post a Comment