November 13, 2012

October

 The kid's one school fundraiser each year, the "Globe Trot" or fun run - here's  Max above, taking a lap, and below, elaborating on the "fun" in the run.

 Lila, the ever serious runner (and she loves it).

 I  had a  little too  much fun with my paints this October! And I got to be my best model, trying out various friend & family requests on myself first! Ali wants me to perfect the "moth". Literally, just a moth, not anything scary or halloweeny.  Haven't  tried it yet but I did get the metallic white and gold in preparation.


 Ali & I meet with the kids at this farm now  each  year. This year I'll will always remember  it though as the day we found Gabriel's rash behind his knee - the next day he ended up at Children's in the cardiac unit. It's now mid November and he's still struggling - though we all pray every day it'll be the end of this HSP bout.

 Lila had the camera and took most of these.




 pumpkin sling shot!



 Max carrying both boy's pumpkins up the hill. Quite proudly.


 Her first (and likely  last) year of soccer! She loved it while she was playing but complained the rest of the time about it. Oiy.



 Max on the other hand, LOVES it.

 This is proof above that Matt was right  - and that we need to teach him it's a non-contact sport. oops.



 Notice dad's doing all the work here -- we had to cancel our annual carving party because Gabriel was so sick, and Max too. But on dad's birthday they came over for a pared down version and we carved anyway!


 dios de los muertos.
i know. creepy.

 Halloween was WET - it poured, so much that we didn't even face paint - after all the practice we'd done for them both. Ah well. The night ended in a slippery fall on leaves down and driveway by Lila - they were drenched! And I didn't even get a good shot of their costumes. Lila had a light up angel skirt and wings - and fluffy white coat - all covered by rain gear.


 Above: the kids started screaming "someone gave us hot dog buns - someone gave us hot dog buns!!!" Matt and I split our sides laughing.
 pre-halloween fun. and cuteness.
even cuter from behind somehow.




No comments: