June 10, 2010

We're new members of the Vancouver Aquarium - YA-HOO!!

There is a shameful amount of pictures on this post, so I'll remind you that I blog not only to keep friends and family updated, but also as a journal/archive/online photo album for the kids (and us too) to look back and reminisce. So you'll have to excuse me when I get excessive, but sometimes I just need to go overboard because I'm in love with a particular adventure, excited, or...just can't bear to leave any out. And here is some of that. One of the beauties of going to the aquarium is that, since we haven't been much, the kids are a bit.... mesmerised. Max especially could sit in front of the big tanks and just watch for quite some time. Lila too, though she has a bit more of an agenda (aka let's go find the seahorses! let's go find the crocodile! let's go find the...!)




The octopus was out and in full action, the kids were right there when it started moving like crazy all over the glass.

Belugas. Last time we were here this one was just born, well over a year ago?


The sea otters were everyone's favorite - they started wrestling and hitting the window right in front of the kids faces - it was a riot, you can see how the were lunging back when they'd hit the glass.





sea horse.


I just love the shark & turtle tank.


The kids play area had a vet clinic, complete with x-ray machine for the stuffed seals=Lila in heaven.touch tank.right before the dolphin show.Planet Earth 4D Theatre - the only disappointment, b/c the kids couldn't handle it and we had to leave after 60 seconds (or less). Mom and I were so disappointed! Still, 3+ enjoyable hours that flew by - no complaints here!
The jellyfish room is all lit up - the pictures can't do it justice, they GLOW. This place rocks.

Thanks mom & dad!

No comments: