April 9, 2010

Mother #$%@! (the Mother part is me) or... A Photo-Blogger's Lament

Alas, I'm a jack-ass. I changed the pixel setting on my camera before downloading and it erased the 75 pictures on the memory card. Normally, it might be an "oh well", except it's not. Because it's April. So the pictures on there included Passover, Easter at the GeBauer's, and another at the Chermak's. But not only this - we've spent spring break outside gutting our front yard and the masses of 30 year old evergreen bushes, to put in a lawn. I had pictures of the enormous dump truck that came in the morning while the kids watched outside in their jammies as it dumped 15 yards of soil in the driveway. And then the dingo we rented that Matt hauled and rototilled with. The kids wheelbarrowed and dug and climbed that hill of dirt. They were in heaven - we stayed home all week doing this and not only didn't they mind - they loved it. Mostly I wanted to document the process and all of Matt's hard work. So instead, once it's all said and done, we'll have a before and after. I'm sure I'll get a few Easter pictures from Paul and Josh - oh, but I had some sweet ones. Dammit. Okay, I'm over it. Mostly...

No comments: