January 3, 2009

Christmas in Bend, OR with Laurie & Bob (Matt's mom and step-dad) - aka the trip we spent 9 hours at Seatac waiting to board...

...when we got off the plane on our way home Lila said as we walked into the terminal "I missed this airport". From the mouths of babes.We gave Lila this outfit x-mas eve and she spent much of the rest of the visit serving us all (rigatoni) cakes and pies. The tree above and below is 'Max's tree'. They get the kids their own live tree their first x-mas there, at their own height, and then plant it, and light it each year. It's a sweet tradition. Max was super-psyched, and kept pointing to it and yelling "mine!". Great. : )This is out back, and the little one to the right is "Lila's tree" from two years ago, partially buried.The kids finding their unwrapped gifts from Santa.

Lila giving her gifts.
mini golf.

AND, now the kids have discovered Jell-O. Lila was indifferent though she loved serving it, but I think that's pretty much what Max ate for Christmas dinner. Thank you Oma (!) Bob built what Matt named "SnOwpa", and surprised the kids.

He loved this. And ever-present Sadie of course.

Max could've stayed on the ATVs. Indefinitely. He cried whenever it was time to get off.
And when he wasn't ON the machines, he was watching them... 'til next time...

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Was it Max or Matt who cried every time he had to get off the ATV?? Looks like a fun time, despite the wait- we missed that only because we flew directly out of Bellingham. I love Lila's cooking outfit- and the "MINE" tree! It'll be good to see you guys.

Tessa Domestic Diva said...

I can't imagine (OK...SO I could if I had to) spending that much time in an airport with kids trying to keep them entertained and rested...yeah right. What a nightmare! Glad you made it, and looks like it was fun in the end!