October 19, 2008

our annual pumpkin carving party and pre-birthday celebration for dad

Lila and Zoe - bcf (best cousins forever) Lila wanted to surprise everyone and show up looking like a witch



I couldn't resiste the cape. So a super-hero may trump the cowboy digs.
Max even got in on the fun!Gretchen's taking a break below to sip the best martini dad's ever made (according to Gretechen and I). Chambord and pineapple juice - sounds froofy, but oh my... dangerous. Gotta try it ladies!Josh working on his craft.Auntie G brought paint and stickers - they loved it!


notice it didn't take long for the girls to shed their clothes. surprise surprise. I love this pic.
mmmm. Lila and I made a walnut cake with praline frosting. I trained Lila to tell mom and dad when we got there "The good news is the pumpkin is okay. The bad news is, it fell on the cake". Which it did (in the car on the way ).Our friend CJ and her adorable son Finn came to play, too. The boys are so cute together.

dad's a fabulous entertainer.






2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Great pictures! I so envy you having family nearby....

Anonymous said...

Wonderful diary of a family. Love looking at all of you T's.....
Leslie O