October 29, 2008

more carving fun

Lila wanted to make jack-o-lanterns for bubbe and zayda's house (since we took all ours home!). I knew the only way dad would agree is if he didn't have to gut them. So I did the gutting while he played with the kidlets. Teamwork.

I think this is the first pumpkin dad has carved (again, sans gutting) since we were kids. Apparently he didn't even like it then. He asked us not to take pictures - he's being a very good sport here, and while he looks less than thrilled, I think it's just his 'concentrating' look. Then again, maybe he's less than thrilled. : )
We're told (Ali and Josh!) not to expect him to carve in the future.



This is Pam & David's house, mom and dad's neighbors. They have a pretty well-decorated house with lots of fun/scary halloween stuff that 'turns on'. Lila was very protective of Max, staying close to him with her hand on his back. So sweet.
Stay tuned for pictures of their house when the Christmas Village come out - that's a sight to behold! The kids will go nuts over it this year (it takes up their whole dining room and has MANY moving parts!)

There's something about this picture! Be still my heart. I don't know what it is - they look so grown up.... are these my kids!? Plus, I want to eat them.












No comments: